Business Development Manager (Geographic Manager)
Position Type: Regular, Full Time, Permanent
Compensation: Base + Generous Commission + Benefits
Number of Positions Open: 12
Calgary, Canada; Toronto, Canada; Ottawa, Canada; Houston, TX, USA; New York, NY, USA; Lagos, Nigeria; Abuja, Nigeria; Nairobi, Kenya; Kigali, Rwanda; Johannesburg, South Africa; Sydney, Australia; Jakarta, Indonesia
Closing Date: Until Filled
We’re building a global relationship-focused firm of the future and we’re looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do.
What is your role and responsibilities?
· As the Business Development Manager (District Manager) you are the Leader of the Local Team.
· You will engage with potential and current clients every day to meet their immediate and future needs, offer advice, handle disputes and complete sales for business and individual clients.
· As Consulting Professional, you will proactively contact clients to identify potential client needs, and schedule appointments to further discuss clients’ opportunities. You will seek to understand and advise both business and individual clients based on the company’s solutions.
· You will be a critical node in the company’s global network of professionals and also tap from the pool provided by this network of professionals.
What are the details of your day-to-day work?
- Work as the leader of our domestic sales team to grow sales in our solutions
- Develop business opportunities through our existing client base
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities (create, follow up, close)
- Manage customer expectations and limitations of our solutions
- Always treat others as you would expect to be treated and operate with absolute integrity
- Manage territory growth and profitability
- Be dedicated to proactive business development
- Work independently to gain new business opportunities.
- Develop a program of smart targeting by building a list of target accounts and contacts that fit the “Ideal Customer Profile”
- Periodically represent the company at trade shows or conferences
How You’ll Succeed
- Client Engagement – Meet with clients to understand their priorities, advise them on solutions, and provide a forward-looking plan.
- Relationship Building – Engage in marketing and outreach activities to show clients you value them and their communities. Grow your network, deepen existing relationships, and collaborate with others within and outside the company to ensure clients are connected to the right people and opportunities.
- Resourcefulness – Be a go-to resource person with your current and potential clients and in your network of relationships in your community.
- Love Technology – Become a technology expert. Share your knowledge with clients and potential clients using digital media and other technology platforms
What You Get?
- A super-fun team to work and grow with
- A solid base plus uncapped commissions
- Optional worldwide travel (for those that prefer to travel)
- An environment that rewards entrepreneurial spirits
- You will become part of a diverse global community of experts and professionals that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well.
- You will flourish and develop professionally through our robust training and development programme that enable our professionals to be globally mobile and competitive.
- Through our generously competitive compensation system that encourages entrepreneurship with uncapped commission, insurance and profit share programme, you will become financially successful as the company becomes successful.
Who You Are
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
- You’re driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- You’re passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect, integrity and authenticity.
- You love to learn. You’re passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, integrity, teamwork, and accountability.
What do you bring with you?
- University Degree
- Three years of sales/or business development experience in Consulting or Banking environment is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to anticipate client needs and offer solutions
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Strong research and/or prospecting skills
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service or client interactions
- Flexible and adaptable with a strong desire for success
- Ability to work effectively independently or as a team.
- Aptitude to learn quickly
Who gets priority?
- MBA or MSc in Economics or Finance
- Experience in Business Continuity, Transition and Succession Planning
- Experience in Estate Planning and Wealth Transfer
- Experience in Oil & Gas in a business development, finance or investment consulting role
- Relevant and widely recognized professional certification/designation
What You Need to Know
- LDCS is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide whole candidate experience
- You need to be legally eligible to work in the country and location you choose as preferred location as specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit